We're looking for a great Senior Engineer who can help us to design and build our world-class product for modern charities.
At Beacon we're a growing technology startup building the best nonprofit-focused CRM in the world. We believe passionately in the power of technology to make a difference.
Chris and David, both software engineers, founded Beacon in 2017 to build a new kind of charity CRM using the latest technology and design principles.
Now innovative charities around the world trust Beacon to run their core technology infrastructure. Animal welfare, human rights, disaster relief, cancer support - all powered by Beacon.
We're a social enterprise and have doing good at the core of our mission. We're also profitable, privately owned, and our goals are for long term sustainable growth - not making a quick buck for venture capitalists.
At Beacon we take building exceptional software very seriously. In a recent survey by Fundraising magazine we were rated 4.9/5 on functionality and 4.9/5 on ease of use - we want to keep it that way!
Your focus will be building and maintaining the entire Beacon product, from infrastructure to interface. You'll work directly with the founders and our existing engineering team to design, develop, and maintain a sophisticated and modern web application.
- Take a leading role in designing and implementing improvements to the core of the Beacon product
- Take ownership of new features and write clean, maintainable code to deliver on the Beacon product roadmap
- Identify and fix bugs in the existing system
- Work with our customer success team to focus our engineering efforts on solving our customers' problems
- Work closely with the founders to come up with creative and innovative solutions to challenging technical problems and drive the design of the whole system architecture
- Take an active role in developing junior engineers
You'll need practical experience, at a senior engineer level, with the following technologies:
- RESTful APIs
- AWS Lambda
- Postgres (or another SQL database)
We make extensive use of libraries to make our lives easier including Lodash, Sequelize, Mout, Moment, and tonnes of others.
- Our customers are all charities - you'll get to build your career whilst having a genuinely positive impact on the world
- We'll give you 30 days of holiday every year, plus bank holidays
- Taking time off is important. And we really mean it: We'll pay you a £50 bonus for every day of holiday you take
- Beacon is climate positive (beyond carbon neutral), so your employment won't hurt the planet. Learn more.
- Flexible working hours
- A proper pension - we'll match 150% of your pension contributions (up to 10%)
- Private health insurance
- We'll give you a free Fitbit to track your health stats
We passionately believe in diversity and equal opportunity
We believe that in building diversity we build strength. We encourage all to apply, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.