We're looking for a great Customer Development Manager to join our Sales team. You'll drive Beacon's growth by managing new customers from their first enquiry to their decision to choose Beacon.
At Beacon we're a growing technology startup building the best nonprofit-focused CRM in the world. We believe passionately in the power of technology to make a difference.
Chris and David founded Beacon in 2017 to build a new kind of charity CRM using the latest technology and design principles.
Now innovative charities around the world trust Beacon to run their core technology infrastructure. Animal welfare, human rights, disaster relief, cancer support - all powered by Beacon.
We're a social enterprise and have doing good at the core of our mission. We're also profitable, privately owned, and our goals are for long term sustainable growth - not making a quick buck for venture capitalists.
We're growing fast and we have a healthy and well-established pipeline of marketing qualified leads. The Customer Development Manager will play a key role in driving Beacon's growth by converting those leads into new customers. You'll have a demonstrable hands-on impact on Beacon's growth and the success of some great, innovative charities.
Your focus will be on guiding charities on their journey to evaluate Beacon and to become new Beacon customers. You'll do this by working directly with the founders to qualify new leads, demonstrate the product to potential customers, and to help charities to buy Beacon. This role requires responsible and soft sales skills, along with the ability to analyse a customer's needs and demonstrate how Beacon can be configured to suit their requirements.
- Qualify incoming leads to determine the best path for them to evaluate Beacon
- Work closely with charities to understand the unique needs of their organisation
- Manage your own pipeline of opportunities (using Beacon of course!)
- Build a deep, practical knowledge of the Beacon CRM product
- Demonstrate the Beacon product and help charities to understand the value of Beacon's features
- Consistently deliver on your targets for closing new customers
- Build long-lasting relationships with Beacon customers and deliver a low churn rate
- Write snappy content that delivers a consistent voice for the Beacon brand
You’ll have relevant experience in a customer-facing role. You'll be as comfortable demonstrating technology as you will be chatting to customers and understanding how their charities operate. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to think on their feet and to pick up new things quickly.
- Experience in a B2B SaaS customer success or sales role is absolutely essential
- A strong interest in the technology sector
- Friendly demeanour - our customers are all charities and part of Beacon's brand is about us being smart, friendly, charming humans
- Ability to quickly understand an organisation's needs and processes
- Ability to deeply understand and demonstrate a technical product without additional support
- Flawless written English, with the ability to write charming and pithy prose
- Experience with selling CRM, or in the charity sector, would be a bonus
- Our customers are all charities - you'll get to build your career whilst having a genuinely positive impact on the world
- A simple, fair commission package tied directly to the ongoing ARR of the customers you bring on board
- We'll give you 30 days of holiday every year, plus bank holidays
- Taking time off is important. And we really mean it: We'll pay you a £50 bonus for every day of holiday you take
- Beacon is climate positive (beyond carbon neutral), so your employment won't hurt the planet. Learn more.
- Flexible working hours
- A proper pension - we'll match 150% of your pension contributions (up to 10%)
- Private health insurance and routine dental cover
- We'll give you a free Fitbit to track your health stats
- Your choice of either a shiny new Apple Macbook Air or Macbook Pro to work from
We passionately believe in diversity and equal opportunity
We believe that in building diversity we build strength. We encourage all to apply, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.