At Beacon we’re a growing technology startup building the best nonprofit-focused CRM in the world. We passionately believe in the power of technology to make a difference.
Chris and David founded Beacon in 2017 to build a new kind of charity CRM using the latest technology and design principles.
Now over 450 innovative charities around the world trust Beacon to run their core technology infrastructure. Animal welfare, human rights, disaster relief, cancer support - all powered by Beacon. You can see a quick demo of our product, here.
We have doing good at the core of our mission, but we're also profitable, privately owned, and our goals are for long term sustainable growth - not making a quick buck for venture capitalists.
At Beacon we take customer service very seriously. In a recent survey by Fundraising magazine we were rated 5/5 for customer service and 100% of our customers would recommend us - we want to keep it that way!
Your focus will be on helping customers to get the most out of Beacon and keeping them delighted with our product. You'll do this by working with the Director of Customer Success, and the rest of the customer success team, to deeply understand the Beacon product and to support our customers via live chat. This role requires great customer service skills along with the ability to analyse a customer's needs and articulate complex technical solutions in a simple way.
- Provide world-class support to our customers via online chat (we use Intercom)
- Develop a profound understanding of Beacon's capabilities and functionality
- Solve customer problems when something isn't working for them
- Provide guidance when customers are looking to expand their use of Beacon within their charity
- Work closely with charities to understand the unique needs of their organisation in terms of processes and data storage
- Make recommendations for how to configure Beacon’s flexible database to store all of the data charities need and to enable them to do their work efficiently
- Build long-lasting relationships with Beacon customers and deliver a low churn rate
You'll be comfortable supporting modern web-based technical products as well as having a top-notch customer service track record. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to pick up new things quickly.
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- A strong interest in the technology sector
- Friendly demeanour - our customers are all charities and part of Beacon's brand is about us being smart, friendly, charming humans
- Ability to quickly learn new things and to work independently to solve tricky problems with a curious approach
- Ability to deeply understand and demonstrate a technical product
- Flawless written English, with the ability to write charming and pithy prose in real time conversations
- Experience with supporting a CRM product, or in the charity sector, would be a bonus
- While this role would suit a recent graduate, a university education is not a requirement
- Our customers are all charities - you'll get to build your career whilst having a genuinely positive impact on the world
- Four day work week. We've been experimenting with a four day week since June 2022, and it works really well for us!
- We'll give you 6 weeks (24 days) of holiday every year, plus bank holidays
- Taking time off is important. And we really mean it: We'll pay you a £60 bonus for every day of holiday you take
- Banded salary system so that everyone is paid the same for doing the same job, and compensation growth within the organisation is clear.
- Guaranteed pay rise to adjust for inflation every 6 months.
- Beacon is climate positive (beyond carbon neutral), so your employment won't hurt the planet. Learn more.
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home when needed
- A proper pension - we'll match 150% of your pension contributions (up to 10%)
- Private health insurance with routine dental & optical cover
- Modern parental leave policy (12 weeks at full pay, and it's the same for everyone, regardless of gender or circumstances)
- Cycle to work scheme
As a team we prefer to be together in our office (113 Shoreditch High Street) and we'd want you to join us - so this is not a remote role.
We passionately believe in doing our part to address the tech sector's diversity problem
We believe that in building diversity we build strength.
We encourage everyone with the required skills to apply, we consider building a diverse and representative team to be critical to our success, and we actively pursue building a more diverse team.
We have a banded salary system to ensure that nobody is paid differently for the same role. Salaries across the organisation, including executive pay, are entirely transparent.
Our parental leave policy provides for 12 weeks of full pay, and can be taken by any parent, regardless of their new parenting circumstances.
We seek out ways to hold our organisation accountable and to demonstrate the kind of workplace we want to be: This year we're completing our B Corp and our Bloody Good Employer certifications.
We take tremendous pride in working directly with customers who work to create a more equal society like Equality Now, Bloody Good Period, and African Gifted Foundation.