We’re looking for a great Customer Success Manager who can help charities to get the most out of Beacon.
At Beacon we’re a growing technology startup building the best nonprofit-focused CRM in the world. We believe passionately in the power of technology to make a difference.
Chris and David founded Beacon in 2017 to build a new kind of charity CRM using the latest technology and design principles.
Now innovative charities around the world trust Beacon to run their core technology infrastructure. Animal welfare, human rights, disaster relief, cancer support - all powered by Beacon.
We're a social enterprise and have doing good at the core of our mission. We're also profitable, privately owned, and our goals are for long term sustainable growth - not making a quick buck for venture capitalists.
At Beacon we take customer service very seriously. In a recent survey by Fundraising magazine we were rated 5/5 on customer service and 100% of our customers would recommend us - we want to keep it that way!
Your focus will be on helping customers to get set up with Beacon and keeping them happy from then on. You'll do this by working directly with the founders, the product team, and the rest of the customer success team, to design, implement, and manage Beacon implementations for our customers. This role requires great customer service skills along with the ability to anaylse a customer's needs and configure Beacon to best suit their requirements.
- Design, implement, and manage Beacon implementations for our customers
- Work closely with charities to understand the unique needs of their organisation in terms of processes and data storage
- Configure Beacon’s flexible database to store all of the data they need and to enable them to do their work efficiently
- Develop Beacon’s online documentation
- Support our customers via online chat
- Write snappy content that delivers a consistent voice for the Beacon brand
- Build long-lasting relationships with Beacon customers and deliver a low churn rate
You’ll have relevant experience in a customer-facing role. You'll be as comfortable wrangling spreadsheets as you will be meeting customers and understanding how their charities operate. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to pick up new things quickly.
- Experience in a B2B customer-facing role is absolutely essential
- A strong interest in the technology sector
- Excellent spreadsheet skills - you should feel right at home in Excel or Google Sheets (we'll be testing you on this!)
- Ability to quickly understand an organisation's needs and processes
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile way with Product and Engineering colleagues
- Flawless written English, with the ability to write charming and pithy prose
- Experience with CRM, databases, or in the charity sector, would be a bonus
- Our customers are all charities - you'll get to build your career whilst having a genuinely positive impact on the world
- We'll give you 30 days of holiday every year, plus bank holidays
- Taking time off is important. And we really mean it: We'll pay you a £50 bonus for every day of holiday you take
- Beacon is climate positive (beyond carbon neutral), so your employment won't hurt the planet. Learn more.
- Flexible working hours
- A proper pension - we'll match 150% of your pension contributions (up to 10%)
- Private health insurance and routine dental cover
- We'll give you a free Fitbit to track your health stats
- Your choice of either a shiny new Apple Macbook Air or Macbook Pro to work from
We passionately believe in diversity and equal opportunity
We believe that in building diversity we build strength. We encourage all to apply, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.