Let's talk about timelines - no, not the multiverse kind. We're talking about Beacon's timeline view, which lets you easily see the changes and activity on a record over time and log emails.
To locate a record's timeline, click on 'TIMELINE' at the top of the record. Here you can see a record of activity and changes on the record with a date/time stamp.
Your timeline will automatically log key information including:
- Record creation - Who or what the creation came from
- Changes to the record - Who or what made changes, and what was changed
It will also automatically link data from other actions:
- Document merge - Linked to the document created/sent
- Email correspondence - Email messages using Smart Bcc, Mailchimp email confirmation, and acknowledgement emails from forms
Furthermore, you are able to add additional information manually:
- Add notes - Store simple text at a point in time
- Log activities - Make a note of meetings, phone calls, or custom activities
To read more about timelines, check out this detailed article!
link Get excited for "Smart Bcc"
Every Beacon account has a unique email address (e.g. [email protected]) that you can Bcc on the emails you send to your supporters.
If the person you're emailing already exists in Beacon (based on the email addresses you send to) then the email will be automatically saved to their timeline.
If the person doesn't exist in Beacon, we'll create them for you and then auto-log the email to their timeline.
This feature works in any email provider, including:
- Gmail / G Suite
- iOS Mail
- Apple Mail
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Any other email client
link Your Smart Bcc email address
You can find your account's unique email address in Settings > Email via the sidebar: