Hosted forms are one of Beacon's best features. They make it easy to allow your supporters to do the data entry for you, and take zero development time to set up.
All forms run on a separate website hosted by Beacon:
While it's possible to add a logo and edit the colour scheme, you'll be hard pressed to make forms look like they truly belong in your website.
Luckily, we've got a solution: embedded forms.
link How embedded forms work
Embedded forms work almost exactly like normal forms, except that they run in your website. This means you can customise all of the content that shows around the form, which can be useful if you'd like to do things like:
- Make donors feel like they've never left your website
- Give donors info about where their money goes
- Show the Fundraising Regulator logo to build trust
The design is stripped back, focusing on just the form itself. The logo, title, and header bar don't show in embedded forms.
Want to see an example? Scroll to the end of this article.
How to embed a form in your website
- On any of your forms, click the Embed button in the top right of the screen.
- Ask your web developer to paste the top code snippet to your site, ideally right after the opening
- Add the second code snippet where you'd like the form to appear. Some CMS (Content Management System) let you paste HTML into the content - you can use that. If your CMS doesn't allow this, you'll need to ask your website developer.
<div class="beacon-form" data-account="beacondemo" data-form="1a98d504"></div>
Frequently asked questions
Do embedded forms work for donation forms as well as other form types?
Yes, you can embed any kind of form in your website.
link The form isn't showing. Help!
link Is it possible to add custom CSS to embedded forms?
Unfortunately not, however you can add custom CSS that affects your website, and how the form shows within it.
link Example embedded form
Below is a live embedded donation form that links directly to one of our demo accounts: