Beacon enables collection of payments via Apple Pay through Stripe. Stripe is a world-leading payment gateway, built for simplicity and with a focus on ease of integration. Today it's used by leading charities including Oxfam, Unicef and Comic Relief.
link Create a Stripe account and connect it to Beacon
To accept Apple Pay payments through Beacon, you'll need to connect your Stripe account to Beacon. Instructions for how to do this can be found in this article.
link Enable Apple Pay in Beacon
You can enable Apple Pay in Beacon with just a few clicks.
Go to Settings > Payments in your Beacon sidebar
If you have not yet connected Stripe then follow these instructions to connect your stripe account.
In the Apple Pay section of the Payment page check the Enable payments via Apple Pay toggle. This will automatically configure your Stripe account to accept Apple Pay payments.
- That's it! If you visit a donation form on an iPhone, iPad, or other Apple Pay compatible device you'll now see Apple Pay as a payment option. When new donations come in, you'll see them in your Stripe dashboard.
Currently, Apple Pay is only supported in standalone Beacon forms, but not in embedded forms. This is due to an Apple restriction - they do not allow Apple Pay to work in "iframes".
link Why isn't the Apple Pay button showing?
The Apple Pay button will show automatically on your browser if:
- Apple Pay is enabled in Settings > Payments in your Beacon account
- You're using Safari, on a Mac, iPad, or iPhone
- A card is saved in your Apple "Wallet"
- You're not viewing an embedded form (see above)