Beacon offers a fair billing policy where you are only billed for the licences you currently have.
The short version
- Each month, you'll be billed based on the licences you have.
- You can add or remove licences whenever you like.
- You can assign and re-assign team members to licences however you like.
- Fair pro-rata billing calculations will be made automatically when you update your licences, and you will be billed immediately to bring your account up to date for the next billing period.
Adding team members
If you'd like to invite a colleague or volunteer to your account, you can create a new licence for them and invite them to join. We'll only charge you for the time remaining during your current billing period, and bill you once per month (if you're paying by card).
Here's an example:
You're on the Professional plan, currently paying £50 per month for each licence. You add a new licence for a new team member 10 days into your billing period, and there are 20 days remaining in the month.
We calculate the pro-rata subscription cost, by dividing the cost per licence (£50) by the number of days in the month (30), and multiplying by the remaining number of days (20). This gives us the pro-rata subscription cost for the remainder of that billing period: £33.33.
Similarly, if you're paying annually, we'll bill you for the amount of time left on your billing period. For example, if you're paying annually and add a licence halfway through the year, we'll bill you for the 6 months remaining.
link Credit card charges
You’ll see the first credit card charge from Beacon on the day you purchase a Beacon plan. Here are some other times you’ll see charges:
- On the monthly renewal date if your account is on a monthly payment schedule.
- On the annual renewal date if your account is on an annual payment schedule.
- Immediately, if you update your licences, change your plan, or your change your billing period, and we need to bring your account up to date.
link Paying by invoice
If you're paying annually by invoice, we'll invoice you for the full year for a set number of licences.
If you add more licences to your account, we'll invoice you immediately to bring your account up to date.
link Deactivating team members
Beacon makes it easy to manage the team members who have access to your database. Once you have deactivated a team member, you will then need to remove their licence if you no longer wish to pay for it. When you remove a licence, we'll add a pro-rata credit to your Beacon account, and it'll be applied when new team members are invited, or on your next renewal date.
This credit has no currency or exchange value, is non-transferable and non-refundable and will expire if you choose to cancel your Beacon subscription.
Here's an example:
You're on the Professional plan, currently paying £50 per month for each user. One of your team members is deactivated 15 days into your billing period and you remove their licence.
We calculate your pro-rata credit amount by dividing the cost per user (£50) by the number of days in the month (30) and multiplying by the number of days that person had an active Beacon user account. This gives us a pro-rata credit of: £25.
link "Light" users
If you have staff members who only need very limited access to the database, we can cater for you with restricted custom licence types.
This is particularly useful if you have:
- A large team of volunteers or case-workers
- Team members who only need to access one small part of the database
If this is of interest to you, please get in touch.