Beacon makes it easy to get your data out of Beacon, using CSV and PDF exports. This is often useful when you need to use the data in Beacon offline, or with another system.
link Ad-hoc CSV exports
To get your data out of Beacon, you first need to decide on the data you want - i.e. which record type to export.
1) Navigate to the correct record type, and select the records you want. You can:
- Select specific records
- Click the top-left checkbox to select all records
Tip: if you select all records and have filters selected, you're actually selecting all of the records that match your filters, not every record.
2) You'll see the following icon appear in the top left of the list page. Click it to open the "bulk actions" menu.
3) Click the export option. By default, you'll see a dialog where you can choose your template. Leave it selected as All fields (default) and then click Start export.
4) Download your file. That's it!
link Export templates
Ad-hoc exports let you get most of the data out in one big CSV file. Sometimes this is great, but sometimes you want the data in a specific format - either in a CSV file, or even in a beautiful PDF that looks a lot like a bank statement.
Export templates are the answer here. Read more in this article.