Mailchimp is an online email marketing service for managing contacts, sending emails, and tracking results of your team's email campaigns.
With the Mailchimp app for Beacon, you can keep the two systems in-sync - so there's no need for CSV uploads and manual data entry. And importantly - it means you won't accidentally email someone who's opted out of email communications.
You can export people directly from Beacon to Mailchimp, allowing you to segment people based on supporter data that exists in Beacon - and send them relevant communications in Mailchimp.
Export to list
Want to send an email to a list of people saved in Beacon? Export people to Mailchimp in just a few clicks:
When someone subscribes to your list in Mailchimp, their details (email, first name, last name) are automatically added as a person in Beacon.
When you send a campaign in Mailchimp, the campaign send will be automatically logged to the timelines of every subscriber that's saved as a person in Beacon:
You can click through from here directly to the campaign in Mailchimp, and its associated reports.
Sync your opt-outs
When someone unsubscribes from your list in Mailchimp, the "Email" channel is automatically removed from the "Contact Preferences" field on the corresponding record in Beacon.
Similarly, when "Email" is removed from the "Contact Preferences" field in Beacon, you don't have to also unsubscribe them in Mailchimp - we'll do that for you.
You can set up the Mailchimp app for Beacon in minutes.
1) Navigate to the apps directory in your Beacon dashboard, and click Install on the Mailchimp app.
2) Next, you need to connect your Mailchimp account with Beacon:
3) After connecting, you can choose the Mailchimp lists you'd like to monitor, and some other settings. Usually the pre-filled settings are fine for most organisations.
4) Click Save Integration. That's it, you're done!
Exporting people to Mailchimp
Exporting people from Beacon into Mailchimp is easy.
1) Select the people you want to export from the "People" section.
2) Click the menu at the top of the screen and select "Export to Mailchimp".
3) Select the list you wish to export to, and (optionally) add a tag, which can be useful for segmenting a list in Mailchimp once the export is finished.
4) Click Export - and Beacon will do the magic for you!