Now that you have people in Beacon, you'll want to add some payments. Payments are integral to all charities - and payments covers a wide range of things - donations, purchases,
You can follow our written step-by-step instructions below, or click on the following video to learn how to create your first Beacon records.
link Video instructions:
- Make sure you are logged in to your Beacon account. When you log in, Beacon opens to your dashboard.
- Head to the sidebar, and select the 'Payments' record type
- Click 'Add Payment'
- Enter any details you have about the payment into the relevant areas. The things you'll want to enter every time are 'Payer', 'Amount', 'Payment Type', 'Payment Method' and 'Payment Date'
- Instead of making you create a new person every time you create a payment, Beacon will search through your People records when you're typing in the name of the payer. If they are already in your database, they'll appear and you can click them - if you are entering someone new, Beacon will let you create them.
- Once you've entered in all of the details you have, click "Create"
- That's it! You've created your first payment.
link Hang on!
There is another way to add a payment - and we're going to have a look at that briefly now too!
- Head to your 'People' records, and choose one of the people you created previously
- On their record, you should see that, at the right hand side of their page, they have a 'Related Payments' card
- Click the + , and you'll be able to create a payment for this person.
- The process will be exactly the same as before - the only difference being that, because you're going directly from a person record, the person will already be selected as the payer.
And that's it! Take a break, give yourself a massive pat on the back, then come back to find out what's next...