At Beacon we’re a growing technology startup building the best nonprofit-focused CRM in the world. We passionately believe in the power of technology to make a difference.
Chris and David founded Beacon in 2017 to build a new kind of charity CRM using the latest technology and design principles.
Now over 600 innovative charities around the world trust Beacon to run their core technology infrastructure. Animal welfare, human rights, disaster relief, cancer support - all powered by Beacon. You can see a quick demo of our product, here.
We have doing good at the core of our mission, but we're also profitable, privately owned, and our goals are for long term sustainable growth.
At Beacon we're building a great brand on top of a great product that our customers love. In a recent survey by Fundraising magazine we were rated 4.9/5 for customer service, and 100% of our customers would recommend us. This is what product-market fit feels like - it's time to grow!
Your focus will be on managing the journey of charities (mostly small-medium sized) who are considering Beacon as their CRM. This role requires curiosity, a desire to learn, and the ability to deeply understand, and explain, a technical product.
- Qualify incoming leads to determine the best path for them to evaluate Beacon
- Work closely with charities to understand the unique needs of their organisation
- Manage your own pipeline of opportunities (using Beacon of course!)
- Build a deep, practical knowledge of the Beacon CRM product
- Demonstrate the Beacon product and help charities to understand the value of Beacon's features
- Consistently deliver on your targets for closing new customers
- Build long-lasting relationships with Beacon implementation partners, and partners who refer customers to Beacon
You’ll have relevant experience in a B2B SaaS sales role. You'll be as comfortable with technical details as you will be meeting customers and understanding how their charities operate. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate their ability to pick up new things quickly and communicate them in easy to understand language.
- 2+ years of experience in a B2B SaaS sales role is absolutely essential
- A strong interest in the technology sector
- Friendly demeanour - our customers are all charities and part of Beacon's brand is about us being smart, friendly, charming humans
- Ability to quickly understand an organisation's needs and processes
- Ability to deeply understand and demonstrate a technical product without additional support
- Flawless written English, with the ability to write charming and pithy prose
- Experience with selling CRM, or in the charity sector, would be a bonus
- Our customers are all charities - you'll get to build your career whilst having a genuinely positive impact on the world
- Four day work week. Our working model gives everyone a 3 day weekend, every week.
- We'll give you 6 weeks (24 days) of holiday every year, plus bank holidays
- Taking time off is important. And we really mean it: We'll pay you a £60 bonus for every day of holiday you take
- Salary bands so that everyone is paid the same for doing the same job, and compensation growth within the organisation is clear.
- Beacon is climate positive (beyond carbon neutral), so your employment won't hurt the planet. Learn more
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home when needed
- A proper pension - we'll match 150% of your qualifying pension contributions (up to 10%)
- Private health insurance with routine dental & optical cover
- Modern parental leave policy (12 weeks at full pay, and it's the same for everyone, regardless of gender or circumstances)
- Cycle to work scheme
Covid and our office
As a team we prefer to be together in our office (113 Shoreditch High Street) and we'd want you to join us - so this is not a remote role.
We passionately believe in doing our part to address the tech sector's diversity problem
We believe that in building diversity we build strength.
We encourage everyone with the required skills to apply, we consider building a diverse and representative team to be critical to our success, and we actively pursue building a more diverse team.
We have a salary bands system to ensure that nobody is paid differently for the same role. Salaries across the organisation, including executive pay, are entirely transparent.
Our parental leave policy provides for 12 weeks of full pay, and can be taken by any parent, regardless of their new parenting circumstances.
We take tremendous pride in working directly with customers who work to create a more equal society like Equality Now, Bloody Good Period, and African Gifted Foundation.